Friday, April 24, 2009

Country Music Marathon Saturday April 25th 2009

It is that time of year again. 31,000 expected for the Marathon. Bravo to the lady with ALS that will take part tomorrow. All begins at 6am tomorrow. I admire the people that train all year for this one and all the others too.

My physical condition does not permit me to even walk very much any more which, of course, makes me want to walk even more. At one time I walked 6 miles out and 6 miles back after getting home from work 5 days/week. I felt so much better during that time. Advanced scoliosis, osteoporosis, spinal stenosis, bone spurs, degenerative arthritis, joined by many years of dance and athletic stress on knees and hips and with a major fall some years ago has brought me to my current condition. I keep going but running and even walking more than a block or two is so painful it is not worth the effort. My best exercise is in warm water...Ahhhh.

Good luck to all those that enter tomorrow's marathon. It is great weekend for Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment