Wednesday, February 25, 2009

RFP's....

I took a class Monday on beginning proposal writing for grants or fundraising. First thing I learned was most of us use incorrect terminology. It is not grant writing but is proposal writing...makes sense. The class was fantastic and I really got into it and came away with my head spinning having taken in so much information.

Tuesday I was looking forward to work, all excited about my new information and ready to jump into applying what I had learned to benefit my "funds short" organization. Well, all of that positive energy took a quick nose-dive and I realized just how naive I have been....still! at 67! Ugh! Okay I've erased two entire paragraphs as Big Brother may be watching and I really need my job right now. I'll just say that I very much enjoyed the class and will get comp time for it but other than that it was a waste of my time and $125 I spent on the class. That I can gripe about as I was told it would be paid for but now looks like it will not. Although I'm going to push it and wait and see what happens. It is like walking on hot colds these days.

Oh well, surly I will find some way to use part of what I learned Monday...just being patient usually works. I believe strongly that education is never wasted so one of these days I'll be able to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment