Friday, February 13, 2009

Movies

I'm having fun trying to see as many of the award nominated movies I can before the Oscars on the 24th. Joy is still ahead of me. I think "Slumdog Millionaire" is my favorite with "The Reader" second. "Revoluntionary Road" is so moving, especially for those of us who lived the 50's. Why wouldn't it be though since that era provoked the 60's movement of rebellion and change. "Benjamin Buttons" is unique and I understand why it has received the awards it has so far. Still want to see "Doubt" and "Milk" and possibly "Gran Torino." I almost forgot we saw "Frost/Nixon" and I definitely enjoyed that one. It is a great reminder of just how crooked our leaders can be. One thing surprised me...I didn't realize Diane Sawyer was a journalist during this time. Interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Paige wants to see Doubt and Milk. I'll check with her tomorrow and see if we can all work something out.

    ReplyDelete