Monday, March 16, 2009

Scams etc.

I am still dealing with the after effects of taking the bait on a "free credit score" scam. It was the "frontforce" for a world-wide scam run by multi-hidden levels of crooks that are stealing our personal information. First I had to get help in cleaning out my computer involving many hours of phone time. Did that take care of it? Oh no, they have my personal information and to stay under the wire, it is used to make miscellaneous credit card charges all under ten dollars. In less that two months I have caught four bogus charges. The credit card company tells me I have to contact the company making the charge and have them credit my account. If they do not work with me then I am to go back to the credit card company. In the mean time the crooks continue charging, crediting, and I am forced to check my account daily and spend hours cleaning it up. Ugh! Below is a site I found that helps wise us up on current scams, etc. Hope it helps and wish I'd seen it before falling into the trap.

www.scambusters.com

I am still on the hunt for a final solution to this problem and hope I can take care of it myself without having to seek legal recourse. Even that may not help as these people know how to hide themselves.

2 comments:

  1. I only had ID stolen once and not through internet that I know of. My bank discovered it, called me within two hours for confirmation, and took care of it. I was wicked lucky. I wish you luc with this. It can be devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlie. I hope to get it worked out okay.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete