Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sorry...caught a new virus and had to heal my computer.

Ugh! HP was not even aware of this spyware...goes by different names but ends in 2010, the newest version. Appears to capture personal data and after an initial charge to your credit card, continues charging. Difficult to get it stopped. My CC helped and all is taken care of. I did not have a lot on this computer so just downloaded and did a complete system recovery and reloaded my software. Like a new computer now. Hannah, my daughter is a computer wizard so I called her immediately and she advised me to stop the progression??? and shut it all down until she could research it. Then we went from there. I really wish people that are intelligent enough to design these invasive predatory programs would re-direct their talents toward creating useful and positive programs to benefit the world. Such a waste of talents.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I don't understand why they do this. It's like vandalism.

    ReplyDelete