Friday, January 2, 2009

Mia

...my furry little angel is not feeling well. The vet thinks she has cancer. I will not let them operate as it would be exploratory and "if" they found cancer, it would mean amputating a leg. At her age of 15.5 years, I just cannot see taking that chance. If it were me in the same circumstance I would not want to loose a leg just to live a few more months and she is older than me. Meanwhile, she has tumors that appear and open up, then go down and heal. It seems that stress and trauma bring on the bouts and amoxicillin seems to speed the healing. This time, she seems to want me with her and she just wants to put a paw on my arm or my face. I am sure she understands what I tell her but I wish I could better understand her language. She has had her first dose of the medicine tonight along with a little of the organic chicken breast I boiled in organic 33% sodium free chicken broth along with a little lite salt, touch of garlic powder and a few little pieces of onion. She is very partial to the chicken and it does seem to be giving her some energy.

It is amazing how comforting our furry friends and family are in our lives. I think it would be a very sad and lonely world without them. As for love, they offer the purest love without conditions. What a precious gift they are.

By the way, Mia is a seal-point siamese. I got her from an elderly couple about 5 years ago. They were moving into an assisted living facility and could only take one pet....their choice was the little dog and Mia had to find a new home. Thank goodness, it was with me.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, that was a blessing for both of you that she came to live with you. I'm so sorry she's sick and know you are taking good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joy. She will see Dr. Gansberger Monday and I hope the antibiotic will have begun to help by then. I do not want her to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy posted a little plug for you and thought I would check out your blog. I had a Siamaese for 18 years. towarad the end she was very very affectionate...more than usual. Then she isolated and I had to hunt the house high and low for her. took her to Vet's who said she had had a stroke and would be dragging her hind end around for the duration. since there was no way to comfort her or get her to join me any longer, I couldn't see her in the dark cellar, not eating, and going that way. so....we had to make the big decision. My heart is with you on this. Siamese are very special people.
    xoxo Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Charlie. I guess I've known we are living on borrowed time and hoping Mia's cancer would magically disappear. This round may buy a little more time but she is definitely not getting around as well as before all this stress and moving. I hate it! Again, thanks. xoxo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just found your blog and read this post and it made me so so sad... pets are like our children and it breaks my heart to hear this. I am sorry. I know with my kitty I would be devastated, he is my best friend, my companion, my lifesaver...
    I hope things improve...
    ~Michele~
    Mountain Retreat-Canada

    ReplyDelete